Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Monday 31 October 2016

Wild Cherries and Kiwi Body Lotion from Plum | Review

Winter is here and it is that time of the year that the body quintessentially requires lotions, creams or butters to combat the dryness this season causes. I remember when I was in school, I had the kind of skin that gets extremely oily during summer and excessively dry with flaky white patches during winter. Now with proper diet and skin care thankfully I got rid of this condition and my skin tends to be almost normal throughout the year. Nevertheless it does get a bit dry (not super dry) during the monsoon and winter season. The body lotion that I am currently using is from Plum -Wild Cherries and Kiwi Body Lotion. I have almost emptied this delicious bottle of body lotion and I am so glad to share with you all my experience.

Packaging:

The body lotion comes in a white plastic bottle with a pump dispenser. Generally, I like the pump dispenser mode of outlet for my lotions but this gave me a tiny issue. I will talk about it as you read through my experience part of this post.



Ingredients:

Actindia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FDA Approved Colour, Fragrance, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Prunus Cerasus (Wild Cherry) Fruit Water, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine

My Experience:

I have been using this lotion for quite sometime now. The one aspect that delighted me the most about this product is its fragrance. The lotion smells deliciously of cherries and it is of pale pink in colour. Unlike lotions in general , this lotion in my opinion cannot be called a "lotion" because the texture is ultra creamy. The consistency is more like a cream than a lotion. The smooth creamy texture coupled with the pale pink colour and the cherries fragrance will remind you of the icing on the strawberry cakes. 



That being said, the thicker consistency of the lotion makes it difficult for the skin to absorb it. A minute or two of massaging is essential for it to get absorbed by the skin. You can view below how the cream gets thickened out while being spread on the skin surface.





The thick consistency of the lotion posed another tiny issue. Towards the completion of the lotion while there was just about one-quarter of the quantity left in the bottle, I wasn't able to pump the lotion out. This annoyed me as I had to dig inside the bottle with the tube to bring out the lotion.



Moving on to its effects on the skin, once it gets absorbed by the skin, it doesn't leave a greasy effect. This is yet another feature that I loved. It simply moisturises the skin giving a natural finish and at the same time making it smooth and soft. I have been generously using this lotion twice a day for about two months now and have loved how this works in a subtle way for my normal skin.

Price:

INR 390 for 200 ml

Pros:

  • Delicious cherries fragrance
  • Non greasy effect
  • Makes skin smooth and soft
  • Works in a subtle way which is a plus for normal skin
  • 100% Vegan
  • Paraben , sulphates , SLS free

Cons:

  • Thick creamy consistency
  • Takes time to get absorbed 
  • Demands reapplication after few hours
  • Might not be the right choice for extreme dry skin

Rating:

3.75 / 5

Verdict:

Its hard to find non-greasy body lotions or creams and this one is already a winner in that aspect. This will best suit normal skin to slightly oily skinned beauties because of its subtle behaviour. I do not recommend this one to extreme dry skin or to those dealing with winter dryness.

No comments: