Search This Blog

Show some love on our facebook page

Monday 10 October 2016

Ultra Bends Henna and Blackberry Shampoo - Garnier | Review

Garnier has recently launched a new range of paraben free shampoo under the name - Ultra Bends. Today I will be reviewing one of the shampoos from this range - henna & blackberry shampoo. Before moving on to the review let me tell you that I've literally stopped using Garnier products for years now. I do not know why but garnier products never worked for me irrespective of their good reputation. The paraben free mark on the ultra bends shampoo caught my attention. And so after ages, I picked a Garnier product- the henna & blackberry shampoo. I chose this shampoo because lately my hair feels pretty dry and rough and thought this shampoo could bring some shine to it.

Garner Ultra Bends Nourishing Shine Shampoo - Henna & Blackberry

Packaging :

The shampoo comes in a purple flat plastic bottle with golden flip open cap. Purple is one of my favorite colors and needless to mention this purple colored bottle tempted me to buy it (I could be that silly at times ).

Flip - Open Golden cap

My Experience :

It is a cloudy wine colored shampoo which has a gel-like appearance. It is very light and a little amount is enough for a wash as it lathers extremely well.

If you have read my review on Biotique shampoo , you already would have known that I have the habit of diluting shampoo in about 1/4 th mug of water before using it. It is this diluted version of the shampoo that I use to wash my hair thoroughly, lathering from the scalp till the ends.



The shampoo needless to say has a yummy smell just like blackberries. Although the shampoo feels to be light on the hair initially, after rinsing it off , I sense that it doesn't even smoothen my hair out but rather makes it even more rough. After drying my hair, I didn't notice any shine or vibrancy added to it. It was worse than it was before- more dull , more dry.

The first time I used the shampoo I didn't follow it up with a conditioner, the next time I used a conditioner after the wash. The conditioner helped me smoothen the hair to some extent. But the shampoo as such did nothing good to me.

Price :

INR 120 for 180 ml

Pros :

  • Packaging
  • Paraben-free
  • Fruity fragrance
  • Light and gel-like
  • Inexpensive

Cons :

  • I felt the shampoo was harsh on my hair as it made my hair even more dull and lifeless
  • It didn't work for its claims for me as it didn't give my hair any shine or vibrancy as the packaging claims

Rating :

2.75 / 5

Verdict :

All I could say is , I do not have a good relationship with Garnier products I guess. But that's just me. In a nutshell, the shampoo didn't work for its claims for me and I would definitely not go back to this one again.  

No comments: